Simply Balisha

Simply Balisha

Friday, March 28, 2014

Bookshelves to Nudity

I was going to do a post on book shelves this morning, but after checking my camera....I found that the batteries need charging. So, no pictures today.
I'll just have to dream up another post that might interest some of you.
Today was a pool day. We decided to go earlier....the pool had many more people this morning. As I went into the water I said to Joe, "This reminds me of the movie Cocoon."We both loved the movie...and he laughed. Everyone had gray hair and were bobbing up and down with the music. It was a senior aerobics class. The music was jazzy and they were keeping time with their exercises. I have to laugh....we oldsters look so funny.
There are so many different kinds of women who go there....tall, thin, heavy, very few just right. You never know who you will meet in the dressing room....some are very modest, hiding in the locked bathroom stalls...trying to undress and dress in that very small space....banging into the walls and the door.   Some are a little more modest, out in the locker room, hiding behind a towel...trying to keep all body parts from being seen while holding onto the towel with their chin. Some undress and dress quickly facing the wall and not taking time to look around at others. Then there are some who throw all caution to the wind. They come around to visit, while nude, walking all over the dressing room. Maybe they have their towel thrown over their shoulder like a shoulder bag. They may rinse out their suit and use the suit spinner, come over and visit while you're dressing, take a leisurely shower, go to the bathroom, blow dry their hair....all the while not wearing a stitch of clothing. This morning a mother with two boys of maybe 7 and 9 was in the ladies dressing room. One boy in the shower and the other fully dressed and waiting for Mom and brother. "Why are we in the ladies room?" was what I heard from the other side of the lockers. The boys got quite an education this morning, when these other women were parading around.
Men have always been more used to being nude in front of other men. The YMCA in our town insisted that the men swim in the nude. I always wondered about the lady who was at the desk, checking in the men. Now days everyone is required to wear a suit.
This really got off topic this morning. From book shelves to nudity. Something for everyone.
Balisha

5 comments:

  1. I'd be the one hiding in one of the stalls getting undressed/dressed. I cannot see anything of this old body that I want anyone to see--including me!! I hate getting out of the shower at home with a big mirror right in front of me--I usually dry off with my towel while behind the shower curtain, wrap it around me and then pull the curtain back, LOL. I have always been extremely modest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could never do this...not at my age and the poor shape I'm in. In my early- mid 30's, I had a massage at a Vegas hotel. After, I was encouraged to get into the hot tub where the ladies were. None of them had a stitch of clothing on. I took a deep breath and dropped my robe, and got in. No one paid the slightest attention to me and we all went on to have a great conversation, once submerged of course!

    XO,
    Jane

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. A tall bloody Mary before this helped quite a bit!

    J

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am modest in public locker rooms but accept that others may feel more free. I don't think a women's locker room is the place for boys that old, who are old enough to use the men's locker room. If the mother is worried about their safety she can enlist a gentleman to help her with their supervision.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon....I agree about the boys. I know it is hard to let little kids go into a dressing room alone, but surely something else could be done. If she had asked someone on staff...maybe they would have helped.

    ReplyDelete