Simply Balisha

Simply Balisha

Friday, March 21, 2014

A Pair of Geese Just Swimming

A Pair of Geese Just Swimming by Balisha

This morning we were driving... along the river fine...
Looking for some beauty.. was a thought of mine.
I saw a pair of geese... in the water swimming by...
They floated oh so peacefully... I just began to sigh.
Where had they been just weeks ago.. on icy days of yore?
When ice completely covered the water and the shore.
Where do they go when weather is not so very nice...
Do they leave in such a hurry without ever thinking twice?
I picture them just floating... on a river south of here...
A place where they can live without a thought of fear.
I'm happy just to see them this morning... when it's  warm...
They're welcome here today and will be free from harm.
In just a little while... caring parents they will be...
Some goslings will join them... and it just seems to me....
That this little family's precious as precious as can be.
I'll look for them each day... as we travel along the banks...
They'll swim so safely by... for this I will give thanks.
No one will harm them... as they glide among the reeds...
My world is safe for creatures... as beautiful as these.

Balisha




5 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo and poem. Happy Spring and Happy Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you are such a wonderful poet...I really felt a longing to see the geese at our lake now that they are coming home.

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. It just makes my heart swell with happiness to see the migratory birds come back--we have Sand Cranes returning now too and Red-Winged Blackbirds. Love the poem!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat poem, Balisha. I am so happy real spring weather is right around the corner.

    ReplyDelete