Simply Balisha

Simply Balisha

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Happy Spring!

What do you post about after all the winter posts about weather? Spring will officially be here later today. This year I'm really ready for spring. Last year's post on this day...was about creativity. I had just painted three watercolors to hang in the front entry. I mentioned that I had springy paintings mixed with winter coats hanging on the coat rack nearby.It seems that my interests pretty much follow the calendar. I was thinking about painting some little Easter things to hang on my woodland tree. I plan to start that this weekend. I'm going to take a big sheet of watercolor paper and just do a big abstract painting of swirled pastel colors...then do some dabbing of pieces of crumpled, colored, tissue paper.When it's dry...I plan to cut out bunny and egg shapes. I'll punch a hole and hang them with a piece of yarn or ribbon. I'll show you how it turns out.

Wow....the sun is out. Hope it melts all the snow we got last night.

Joe's birthday is Sat. I plan to make a big kettle of chicken noodle soup today. His son is coming on Sat. for a visit, and that's what we will have....along with birthday cake. We invited him to go out to dinner with us, but he couldn't stay that long.

I remember years ago when spring would arrive...we would try to balance an egg on the counter. I did this a few times along with Uncle Bobby and Spike O'Dell...on WGN radio. Try it today and see if you can do it.

I'll be back later with some pictures. I'm going to start my spring with a walk around the yard and back to the woods. I might even try out those new flowered boots...although I hate to get them dirty :)  Our ground looks saturated...hope I don't sink in.
Balisha




2 comments:

  1. Uncle Bobby & Spike O'Dell............. oh, my goodness. We miss them so much! And Kathy and Judy!! WGN just doesn't seem to be the radio station I grew up with in the 60's and 70's & then introduced to my (Wisconsin) husband. He loved them all as much as did I. Our daughter's first teaching job and then Principal job was in the Gurnee area and she loved them all through the late 90's, too. I remember when Bob's plane crashed. So much has changed!! It was good to "hear" someone mention them. My Mom and Dad loved them so, also!! Thanks for a wonderful post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris...You will be glad to hear that WGN was losing listeners and went back to some of the older programs. They got rid of so many new people and replaced them with the favorites. Kathy and Judy are on...Sat. morning from 10 to noon. I try to listen each week They are still a hoot. Steve Bertram is on the show at the end and does a book review. The early morning is back to the old familiar way. I guess that they found out that their audience didn't like the new changes. We were a WGN family....it was on all day at our house.
    Thanks for reading..Have a nice spring
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete