Simply Balisha

Simply Balisha

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

This and That for Tuesday

Some more purple in my garden. This is the ajuga border that a friend told me I would not like. I dug it up from the woods and transplanted it here.......not thinking that it would make a nice border. It goes on and on for several feet. In the spring the lovely flowers bloom in this shade of bluish purple and when the flowers are gone...there is a mat of pretty leaves changing to burgundy in the fall. I keep it in bounds by just pulling it up and making the row tidy. Then I toss the "pull ups" back into the woods and sometimes it takes root and grows again back there. All in all a very nice plant.

I have been thinking about the woods....this is always on my mind. I'm sure I bore you with all the discussion about what to do there.I realize that the discussion is in my own head. Joe thinks it's time to give it up, but I have spent so much time and money there...it's very hard for me. This morning, lying in bed, I thought of a solution. I have a couple of religious statues there and I'm thinking that I will get someone strong to bring St. Francis up to the border. He's been back in the woods with kind of a garden in front of him and a metal trellis behind him. It looks sort of like a Church shaped window. Bringing him up to the border would mean that I can just maintain along the edges and let the back just go. Things grow so tall back there, that he would be covered in no time....and I don't want that. He's very heavy, so now I have to find some burly man to do the job. Joe struggled with him years ago, but he can't do that anymore.

I'm planning on giving our bedroom a good cleaning today. I've thawed some chili so dinner will be easy.  So, I have to get going and get my work done. Later on today we are going to get rain and some stormy weather. It's really helped get things established in the garden...the rain I mean. Our little visitor didn't make an appearance last night. I'm wondering if he was trapped.

Well, time to finish up here. Breakfast to make, cleaning to do, and my project today....find that burly man to move  St. Francis.

Balisha

Later:  Found that burly man. Jeff came to mow the lawn and I asked him to move it, only if he thought he could do it without hurting his back. We went back to the woods and he lifted it...but his face was as red as his shirt. I don't think he realized how heavy it was. Now St. Francis is right up front and I can forget the back part of the wooded area. Now, tomorrow I will try to make the front part look a little more manicured and the wildlife will have their woods back.

8 comments:

  1. So PRETTY in both spots!!! Love it! That's a smart solution to have him moved up, Balisha...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think St. Francis will like it up front too!!! You solved the problem. You can keep the edge looking nice and let nature take her course in the back. I like it! and...I love that purple border.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That ajuga is gorgeous! I wish I could grow it here. I've tried, but whatever I'm doing, it doesn't like it. Purple is SO gorgeous in a flower garden or border.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just put it in the ground and didn't do anything to it. It even takes root when I toss it in the woods. I guess it likes this soil in our neighborhood. My neighbor has it too and it thrives.

    St Francis has a new home. Now to make it pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Balisha...I have been searching for you. Went to the other blog and saw that you had not posted since February but did see that you had posted on another blog and I found you here. I was worried something had happened to you! So glad it has not! I wanted to tell you I have made your roll recipe today to give to friends who are suffering from loss in one way or another. I will let you know how they turn out. Very easy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slowly people are finding me. I hated losing the last blog....but couldn't get it to work...either my fault or bloggers. I just had to keep blogging, so I just started a new one. It was hard to start this one....and I'm afraid to do anything new here, for fear the same problem will pop up.
      I had forgotten about the roll recipe. Hope it turns out.

      Delete
  6. PS....I use my wheelbarrow and slide the heavy concrete things into them. Makes it easier than trying to lift them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This statue is much to heavy for me to maneuver. Actually too heavy for the man who moved it. I don't know if he could have managed the wheelbarrow. Probably the dolly would work, but the ground is so soft from rain that the wheels would sink in. i'm just glad he's moved. Now hopefully he won't tip over.

      Delete