Simply Balisha

Simply Balisha

Monday, June 30, 2014

The Company Came

 Yesterday was busy with Joe's family here for a sort of reunion. We hadn't seen these folks for quite a while. I think the last time we were together was in 2007. I won't name everyone but will show some of the pictures that I took.The above is one of all of the kids. They were full of energy all during the visit. It was hard to get them to all sit still for this picture. All different personalities and interests. They are cousins who got along quite nicely.....all looking for something to do next.
 I call these kids the middles. I disturbed their conversations for this picture.
 The above is a picture of all the adults. The oldsters and the middles.Our sofa has been the spot for many pictures like this one. It's big enough for a big group like this.

 While the rest of the family were in deep discussion...The kids grandma and I took them outside for some games. A rough and tumble group. Still full of energy. They had been cooped up in the car and needed to get rid of some energy.
 A couple of games of I Spy With My Little Eye and then the favorite...Simon Says. These kids love to play outside. No hand held games for them. Whew....
The picture below is of Joe and I at the Grotto.
 I didn't get a picture of the food, but it went well. Fried chicken, potato salad, pasta salad, tomato salad, relishes.....and olives for these Italians. I had some vanilla cookies frosted for the 4th and with the leftover frosting...I made frosted graham crackers...a big hit. Then a whole watermelon....we have just a little left for today.
The last thing was a visit to the Grotto. They had never seen it and the kids loved searching for their Grandpa's name, and other family members on the pavers
 Stories were told about people who were named on the bricks. Joe gave them a bit of history on how it all came about. Tommy touching his Dad's name with his mom looking on..
 The Grotto looked beautiful with the flowers blooming.
 The day was winding down and it was time to leave, but first a picture of Carissa touching Jesus.
It was a nice get together. We were so tired when it was all over. I didn't watch any TV, but went to bed to just rest. The night was a busy one with our weather radio waking me with a tornado watch for Ogle county. I just shut my eyes and went back to sleep and didn't get up until 8:30am.
Balisha

14 comments:

  1. What a lovely family get-together, a good looking bunch. I love the photo of you and Joe.

    Have a wonderful week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you....It was fun, but I wouldn't want to do it everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a houseful! :) What a great time every one had! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope everyone had fun. We sure enjoyed seeing them all.

      Delete
  4. A wonderful gathering
    and I have had the same in years past.
    Understand all you shared.
    Please get the rest...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and I both know how difficult it is to entertain (the way we want to) at our age. There won't be many occasions like this in the future. I guess it's time to hand the parties over to the younger generation.

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful family get together...It's always fun when the whole crew can be together. I'm sure after they all left you went, "whew!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I even went whew....the next day. Not as easy to entertain that many now.

      Delete
  6. Nice family and nice pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you love family pictures. I see so many of your old pictures on your blog. It's fun to look back at memories.

      Delete
  7. That last picture touches my heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a touching moment. She wanted to touch his face...so her daddy held her up.

      Delete
  8. Great that you took all the family photos. Looks like a good day. Love the visit to the grotto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I could be called the family photographer. I love to look back at old pictures and putting them here on this blog...will keep them for future generations. I make a blog book each year, so I have so many pictures saved.
      Glad you loved the Grotto.

      Delete