Simply Balisha

Simply Balisha

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

A Perfect Day

A damp day...a little rain, a few clouds, a little breeze, a puddle or two, a peak of sun, a little warm and a little cool. A perfect day for the garden. I can almost see the flowers growing. Everything is so, the only word I can think of is...luscious. It has all the ingredients for a beautiful late spring day. The day began with a shower, and a lot of bird song. The birds love this kind of a day. They warble, whistle, buzz, chirp, trill, and shriek with delight when they wake me up around 4am. It's still dark out and in early spring  I wondered why we put the feeder near the bedroom window. I'm used to it now and really enjoy my natural alarm clock.
Then comes breakfast....not for me, but for the birds. The orioles, in the high trees in the woods, sing their beautiful song...while flying to and fro waiting for their favorite.....grape jelly. Sunflower seeds for the finches, chickadees and the nuthatches this morning. I hear a soft cooing in our tree named.. Blue. Doves are nesting there like they have done for years. They come late to the feeder. Mr, and Mrs......he feeding her a seed at a time. The hummingbird feeders need filling. I put a pan of sugar and water on to boil. They will have to drink what is left in their feeders until this batch is done. All throughout the day, birds of many kinds visit our feeders.

Next on my morning list.....take a quick walk about and see what is blooming and dead head flowers as I go. Back to the woods to see the new plantings and sit for a short time on my bench. Wrens are squabbling....flying back and forth from house to house. They are used to me and don't pay much attention. Chippys run across my path. Chip and Dale....what cute little fellows.

Later, toward noon, I check out the tomato plants, lettuce and the herbs in my garden. I clip a few and bring them inside for a salad.
We've had breakfast and now our early dinner. Time to sit and read or watch TV. Sometimes sitting on the porch and just relaxing and watching the goings on in our neighborhood.We sometimes have a popsicle or ice cream bar.

It's late afternoon and it is still damp and cloudy. A nice day for humans too. It means that I can enjoy seeing little snippets of my garden without having to do any work. No having to pull the hoses for today, no weeding because there are occasional showers, the planting is done, the lawn is mowed, and everything is right with my world.

Evening isn't here yet.....but it promises to be nice too. A favorite TV show, maybe popcorn, house clothes, comfy chair, and maybe a good book. Early to bed....and sleep tight. Tomorrow will come and it will start all over again.

It's been the most perfect day...
Balisha

18 comments:

  1. Is it a banana or orange popsicle? If so, then it truly is a perfect day. :-) It's perfect here today too, but my flowers sure don't look as gorgeous as those. Stunning! (Thank you so much for commenting on my post today. I appreciate it.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recently bought some coconut flavored popsicles. There are pieces of coconut in the pop. I have even noticed pop. with veggies in them along with fruit, A good way to get kids to eat some veggies,
      Have a nice day...B

      Delete
  2. Sounds very similar to my routine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't do this when I was raising my family.My mornings were so busy then. Now, in retirement, I find more time to really enjoy just the little things that happen each day in my garden.
      Have a wonderful day. B

      Delete
  3. Such pretty flowers! We have had several rain showers and it is a blessing not to have to water with the hose.
    I had to drive my husband to Atlanta today. It felt good to get home and get comfy, eat a light supper and watch tv.
    Have a good night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried to have things that need a lot of watering near a water source. That way I don't have to pull the hoses around. We have a new planting at the end of the drive....so I've had to water more.
      I love coming in at the end of the day and just getting comfortable and relaxing.
      Have a nice day today...B

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you had such a nice day, Balisha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My day was perfect, but I know that you are recuperating from your surgery and maybe things aren't so perfect for you right now. Hope you heal well and can get on with your busy life soon....B

      Delete
  5. You have a way of making each and every day wonderful. I really strive for that and hope I get better. of course the weather was the same. I can't always hear the birds because of my deafness, but I see the mess on the patio! I don't know much about this so I bought a variety of seed from Home Depot that would appeal to most birds...and I am getting all kinds. They go through it all by 4:00 p.m. Should I refill it or wait til nightfall so they get in the habit of coming in the morning? Just unsure.

    Yes, the rain is making everything grow, grow grow!~love it! :)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joe has trouble hearing the birds because of his deafness too. I always forget this and mention a bird singing....feel badly that he can't hear it.
      Our feeders are placed above mulch. That way it doesn't make such a mess. I only feed sunflower seeds and hummingbird juice. The sunflowers are easy to pull out of the mulch. I was worried that the smaller birds wouldn't be able to handle the bigger seed, but they have sharp beaks and can handle it quite nicely. I have found that you don't need Niger Thistle Seed to attract all kinds of finches.
      I was thinking about your patio situation and if you only feed in the morning....they will clean up a little better after themselves. Sparrows will clean up the seed on the ground.
      Have a great day.....B

      Delete
  6. You are describing an ideal day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wrote what was happening as it happened yesterday. I left out some of the work that I had to do......but I enjoy housework too...so that adds to my ideal day.
      Have a nice day today....B

      Delete
  7. Your flowers are glorious! The mourning doves that have always built in our spruce tree didn't nest there this year. But the robins nested there again. I have always wondered if the doves and robins that build in the tree each year are some of the ones (or descendants) of the same family of birds each year. Usually the doves nest on one side of the tree and the robins nest on the other side of the tree, and last year I believe there was a hummingbird nest higher up in the tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that some birds come back to the same nesting area. Their young come back too. Our big blue spruce...Blue...is full of nests from different birds. We once thought that we would have to have the tree removed...and I thought of all the birds who nest there would really miss it. It's a waiting area for other birds to get to our feeders. A very important tree in our yard. Lucky you...having a hummingbird nest.
      Have a wonderful day today....B

      Delete
  8. Wonderful ...hope that you had popcorn too in the end :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did. It was leftover from the previous night. We have popcorn a lot.
      Have a great day....B

      Delete
  9. Similar day's
    here by the woods.
    But so much rain but soon will be very hot and no rain.
    Everything is growing,
    enjoy this time
    and the coming weekend...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems that this time of year is so lush with growth and then just when things are looking so beautiful....along come the J. Beetles and the dry weather and things start to look not so nice. i guess we should just be happy to have beautiful things now and deal with trying to keep things going the rest of the summer. We've had quite a bit of rain and new plantings are taking off.
      Hope you have a pleasant day and weekend....B

      Delete