Simply Balisha

Simply Balisha

Saturday, June 14, 2014

An Anniversary

Today is our 11th anniversary. You might have seen this picture before, but I though I'd put it here again. We met each other after our spouses of 46 yrs passed away and decided to do it again. I'm so glad that we took the chance.


Marriage is like a garden. It needs to be watched and maintained as a prized possession if it is to be prosperous and fruitful. (Read Proverbs 24:30-34.)

It hasn't been all roses and daffodils. There have been some weeds along the way. Occasionally we step on each other's roots, but with loving care...we bounce back like a flower after the rain.We've worked things out and have tended our garden carefully. We water our garden with praise.We have done the best that we could.....trying to get our off shoots to be content with our situation. As we go into our 12th year...we hope that things go smoothly and that this next year we can just travel the garden's path to good health and happiness.
Balisha


Later in the day....there were roses:
 There was a cake:
 There was a favorite beverage:
 and there were cards.
After Mass tonight...dinner out at our favorite restaurant. A very nice day for us...
Balisha

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Wishing you much happiness in the coming years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Sometimes when we (once again) find love at an older age, it is softer, more gentle, more understanding--able to let the little things that "used" to drive us nuts--just go by the wayside. Comfortable. I wish you and Joe many more years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with what you say. We have calmed down a bit and just let some things that bug us slide. Thank you for your wishes. B

      Delete
  3. Congratulations and such a beautiful post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being a gardener....you had to know that I would put a little gardening in my anniversary post.
      Thanks for your congrats...B

      Delete
  4. Happy Anniversary and may your life continue to be filled with love.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how lucky we are. As you know...we never know what's coming. Best to be happy with each day....B

      Delete
  5. Pat and Joe...It is wonderful that the two of you met , fell in love and got married. Your lives are rich because of it...roots deepened with the years and positivity{ of many more happy years } develop. You are both blessed to have each other.
    Happy Anniverary! from Jon and Carol <3


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol, and Jon. Carol, you and I have known each other for so many years. We've both had bumps along the way. We are both blessed to have found someone new. We don't know what the future holds for us...so as I said before...It's best to try to be happy every day....Pat

      Delete
  6. Congratulations and such a lovely photo of you both. May God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your blessing. We really appreciate it. Our Faith is what holds things together....B

      Delete
  7. Dearest Balisha...Sometimes I am taken aback at how much you and I share. Unfortunately I did lose one more husband after just a short 6 years..but had the faith to do it one more time. The 22nd of this month is Howard's and my anniversary. You and I were fortunate to have found another loving mate. I know many don't.
    I am happy you liked my Father's Day post and wanted to thank you for your comment. We will spend the day with his family. Your comments are always so positive and dear.
    Happy Anniversary to you and your very loved husband. May you have many more.
    Love,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary to you both. I know it has been a special day for you and may you have many more :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are braver then I am, Balisha. I will just stay alone, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary! What a lovely day you had to celebrate ~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just had to comment on this one. Congratulations and especially in view of your second time around in such circumstances. blessings.

    ReplyDelete