Simply Balisha

Simply Balisha

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Time Out in December

A chilly, damp afternoon and I had plans. It was a day to visit my friend Elizabeth. I've written about her so many times, that I think you must all know her. Yesterday, she met me at the door looking so pretty. Still very fashionable and takes such care with her appearance. She had beige slacks with a belt, a darker shade sweater underneath  this animal print top. She always comes to the door with her pups Bello, and Foxy. They all three make me feel welcome. A fire was lit in the fireplace and we sat for a while...visiting before we had tea. She prepared the tea and we carried it over to the table by the window. Looking around, I saw Christmas decorations. Not too much....just enough. I had made a key lime pie and we shared a couple of pieces. Tea with her little pitcher of rum to splash in...so good. It made a simple cup of tea festive. When we were finished, we went back to the fire and Bello jumped up in  my lap....Foxy in her bed near our feet while Elizabeth knitted a prayer shawl for Church. She is such an active lady...working on projects for our Church. She helped with the Advent decorating, and Father asked her to help with a cookbook project he's starting. She shops occasionally, gets pictures from family on her IPad, listens to music, watches sports, and takes loving care of her pups.

I asked permission to take the picture and she laughed and said, "Of course." She then showed me a picture of her in a Mexican hat and serape on her birthday this year. You might know that this "hip lady" showed me the picture on her IPad from Facebook. 

As we continued visiting, I told her about my life and how stressful it has been with my fall cleanup in the yard, getting ready for Thanksgiving and now Christmas preparations. I said this to her, "Everyone should have an Elizabeth in their life." When I am with her a feeling of peace comes over me...she always makes me feel comfortable. A visit with her was just the thing to do yesterday.... to make me realize how important it is to keep busy as I age...and know when to relax and just enjoy life. 
Balisha

8 comments:

  1. What a special friend... she sounds and looks lovely. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth is a lovely lady and very active; what an inspiration. Your pie along with her festive tea by the fire sounds delightful and her pups are very gorgeous. You are a blessing to each other!

    Thanks for sharing about your rock soap - that is good to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so wonderful to have a dear friend like you have in Elizabeth. She is a lovely lady, inside and out. Her friends are cute!

    Enjoy your holiday preparations ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth sounds like quite the lady and so tickled that she's on Facebook and up with the tech world. That is a great photo. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a lady! She is not only outwardly beautiful, but obviously inside, too. I hope to be like that when I'm older...busy with worthwhile projects and having a lot of outside interests.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't she beautiful! You can see her peaceful, good soul shine through her eyes. How lucky you are. If you came here for a visit, you would find me in jeans and a sweatshirt. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. This lady has become such a good friend to me. Not sure of her age, but close to 90. Such an inspiration to keep my mind and body active. Her Faith is most important to her...she goes to Mass every morning. Still driving close to home. She lives alone and has a wonderful daughter who lives in town and helps in so many ways.... to keep her interested and involved. We could all learn a lesson from the way she has conducted her life. One of her first questions is always....what are you doing?
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete