Simply Balisha

Simply Balisha

Saturday, December 20, 2014

An Appetizer

It looked like a wreath until I added the cheese. This appetizer is so easy to make and really looks good and tastes good. It can be eaten by everyone...vegetarians if you use vegetarian refried beans.There is a version using meat, but I like this one better. 

The way I make it is to take a softened 8 oz. pkg of cream cheese and put a big dollop of sour cream in as you mix it. I add a packet of taco seasoning to that. Then I spread it on the dish....not coming to the edge. I take a can of refried beans and spread spoonfuls around the cream cheese....using the whole can. Then spread sour cream over the top of those two things. I put a ring of chopped tomatoes around that and then chopped lettuce. Put sliced black olives in the center. Then comes the shredded cheddar....You can put just a ring of it around so you have a perfect wreath, but we like a lot of cheese...so I sprinkle it all over. I serve this with blue and natural tortilla chips. I put a jar of salsa on the table, so the ones who like more heat can use it. People take big spoonfuls and put them on a plate along with some chips.
I made this when the kids were over and noticed that the blue chips were sturdier and folks didn't have a problem with chips breaking.

Today is gloomy again. Not much in the way of snow coming....so I guess traveling will not have any problems. Gloomy outside....make it bright inside. Christmas trees lit all day long and candles burning. Mass tonight and no plans for tomorrow. 
Have a nice weekend,
Balisha

5 comments:

  1. Looks great! And I'll bet it tastes great too, Balisha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks absolutely yummy! You have a beautiful weekend too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cute, healthy and so festive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks very tasty! Have a great week-end, Balisha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make nearly the same thing and use Doritos Scoops--seems to work better with them.

    ReplyDelete