Simply Balisha

Simply Balisha

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Our Christmas....So Far


We spent Christmas day with Dan and Melody. Dan is Joe's son. Their home is always so pretty at Christmas time. I forgot to take a picture of their beautiful Christmas tree. Mel has been collecting white ornaments for years...for this all in white tree. She puts all the ornaments on herself...just so. When it's time to pack it all up...she is very particular about how it is packed. She also has a collection of stuffed Christmas animals. There are three stairways where they are displayed. She couldn't get all the animals out this year. She said, "We need a bigger house!"

 These are so colorful with their white carpeting.
 Dan carving the ham. He must have taken lessons from his dad. I loved watching the two of them as they moved from job to job...not getting in each other's way. The appetizer tray was delicious with Mel's homemade dip. The meal was excellent. Baked ham with pineapple, mashed potatoes and gravy, green bean casserole, tossed salad, rolls, and for dessert...cannolis. 
We were treated royally on Christmas. They made us welcome and gifted us with several nice presents. We were waited on hand and foot. 

It's nice to have Christmas spread out over a couple of weeks. We get to enjoy each family and really get to talk and visit with each other. Our next event is on the 4th of January...when we get together with the other members of the Cerasa gang.

My family Christmas was early...the 13th of December. Grand daughter, Xoie and her husband Kyle and little boy Clifford were home...so we did it early. My daughter and grandson Collin are in Ecuador as I write this. Today they are flying to the Galapagos. This was an early graduation gift to Collin from his aunt. Grandson, Tyler is in Florida with his girl friend's family, and my son, John is leaving to spend the New Year in Mexico. So, my family is scattered for the holidays. 

Christmas is wonderful...no matter how you celebrate. Our Church plays a big part in our Christmas. We went to Mass on Christmas Eve and found our Church decorated so beautifully. The Christ child was in the manger and Christmas carols were sung for the first time this season. Today we will again go to Mass and then a Holy Day of Obligation on the 1st of Jan. With all the hustle and bustle of Christmas it's wonderful to find a peaceful place in our world. 
Balisha 

5 comments:

  1. Balisha...it seems as out family's grow, we are spread further and the celebrations multiply. I've been experiencing that a lot these last few years. I so appreciate seeing how everyone dresses their homes (love those teddy bears at Melody and Dan's home) and how they treat us so kindly and warmly as guests. I'm so happy you had a lovely and blessed Christmas.

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always been someone who digs in and helps when we all would get together. Being treated so lovingly is wonderful.
      I wish that I had remembered to take a picture of their tree....it was stunning. It took hours to decorate.
      It was fun reading about your Christmas. You have such a great family....Happy New Year.

      Delete
  2. Delightful post here. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I was wondering if you would mind telling me how you came across my blog. I love getting new readers and always wonder how they discovered my blog.

    Hope you have a Happy New Year!
    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that I found your blog while reading Ernestine's blog " My Journey to Mindfulness" I enjoy her posts so much and now I find I have a new blog to read.
    Happy New Year to you too.

    ReplyDelete