Simply Balisha

Simply Balisha

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Rum Balls and Plans for Today

Yesterday Christmas preparations continued here at my house. I wanted to make some rum balls...just a few...for my cookie tray this year. A daughter in law loves them....here is the recipe.

Melt 1 cup of choc. chips in the microwave. While melting, crush a box of vanilla wafers in the food processor, then chop a cup of walnuts finely. Set these aside. Add 3 tbs corn sirup, 1 tsp vanilla, and 1/2 c rum to the choc chips. Stir in 1/2 c powd. sugar. Add the crumbs and nuts. If mixture is stiff enough to roll into balls....do so. If not, put in the fridge to harden a bit. Roll into tsp sized balls and then roll into chocolate sprinkles. These need to rest in the fridge for a week or so. If you eat them right away...the rum is too strong tasting. If let to rest, it becomes more mellow. 

We had a Holy Day yesterday and went to Mass last night. Christmas officially started for me last night. The music was so beautiful...honoring our Blessed Mother. People coming in late really missed a treat. Our little Church has some wonderful musicians and last night 4 of them, with blended voices, sounded like angels. 

Today is special. I will visit Elizabeth and her two pups. I am really looking forward to our visit. I baked a key lime pie to take over and I can imagine eating it in front of her fireplace....with the pups sitting at each of our feet. 

I have several things to do before I leave, so have a wonderful day today.
Balisha

1 comment: