Simply Balisha

Simply Balisha

Thursday, December 4, 2014

The Critter Tree and Some Deliciousness

 Here's my little woodland tree. I worked on the decorations for this for 1 year. I sat with my felt basket and scissors and crafted these little creatures every month. I think it turned out pretty well and since I already had the tree...it wasn't very costly. I wondered if I would miss working on these, but I really haven't since I've been so busy getting ready for Thanksgiving and now Christmas. After the holidays, I'm going to start crafting a few for bingo prizes for Neighbors Rehab here in town. Maybe keeping with the valentine theme.

           
The little tree is in our breakfast nook along with other natural things. It has all white lights. I was going to string popcorn and cranberries to drape on it, but didn't get the time to do that. 

We went to the pool today. Instead of being the only ones there...the pool was filled with people.....made us appreciate the times we have had when it was just a few people. 

I just put stuffed peppers in the oven and they will be ready in about an hour. After dinner, I have errands to run, so it's going to be a busy day. 

Yesterday, Joe was gone and I tried something new....to me at least. Lean Cuisine Salad Additions. I tried the chicken and cranberry one. I really enjoyed it. The salad fixins come in plastic bags that you micro wave...the salad dressing can be thawed easily and to top it off...there are little crispy things in another bag. You simply put your greens on a plate and top with the warmed chicken mixture. Drizzle  a bit of raspberry vinaigrette  and top with croutons. Yum! There are several different kinds. I'll be trying some of them. 

Well, I had better be going...a lot to do.
Balisha





4 comments:

  1. Your little woodland critter tree is sweet! Handmade from the heart! You did a lovely job.

    I've just gone with a small tree this year for the living room. Have a tiny one in the bedroom. 'May' put another small one in my little space here. I don't have a stand for the big tree (we found it minus the stand). It's prelit and beautiful, but I didn't want to wrestle with it again this year, and besides Miss Tork (feline) was already laying under it and I could just see her attacking ornies when I'm not here. I had tried to rig a stand like last year, but wasn't doing so hot, so, I decided against it.

    May your holidays be filled with LOTS of love, peace and joy ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love your tree, and next year I WILL make the critters! (Promise) Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice way to 'pep up' some salad without piling on the calories. The cranberry topping must have been a nice festive flavour too. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The critters are perfect for your little tree. Your holiday spirit inspired me to get the fabric I need for a Christmas stocking ~

    ReplyDelete