Simply Balisha

Simply Balisha

Sunday, December 14, 2014

A Poem for Clifford, by his Great Grandma

                   Christmas Through a Child's Eyes by Balisha

Looking at this little boy with a smile so big and bright..
His little mind was dancing with thoughts of pure delight.
He is new to us this Christmas and we loved him from day one...
He brings such joy and gladness... and hours and hours of fun.
We buried him with presents... and listened to him say....
"Thank you and I love you," in his very special way.
He hugged his footed pjs and kissed his other toys...
He ran the train and played the games....his face so full of joy.
Today he rides the train.... to Chicago to see the sights...
Nose pressed against the window with wonder beaming bright.
His visit is so short...we want to spend more time it's true...
Clifford...Happy Christmas from your Grandma who loves you.

We were happy to have Grand daughter Xoie, and her new husband Kyle, and their son, Clifford here for an early Christmas. We met he and his dad for the first time yesterday. Clifford stole my heart....a precious little boy with a little southern drawl. So appreciative with his gifts. He hugged his pajamas and kissed some other toys. He called his jeans his "day pants" and had us laughing. He played the Nintendo and kept us in stitches. Xoie and Kyle should be proud of this little fellow. His manners show what they have been teaching him. As he hugged me and said that he loved me....I couldn't help but shed a tear. I love this little boy that I just met yesterday.
Balisha

3 comments:

  1. I can see why it was love at first sight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's back in N Carolina now and I am left with just memories. We keep in touch so many ways, but ways that are new to me. We'll see him in Sept, when Sydney marries Dave. Wish they lived closer.
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete