Simply Balisha

Simply Balisha

Friday, August 1, 2014

My Favorite Flower is About to Bloom

My very favorite flower is about to burst out of these pretty buds and bloom. Love the flower in bud....love the flower in bloom. I bought six plants and they were planted a few years ago, when I saw them on Lona's blog  http://lonadawn7.blogspot.com/ I visit her whenever she posts something. I have learned so much from this lady...her flower gardens are to die for.

I'm a little different than many gardeners, I love simple blooms. Just small blossoms with single petals. I like roses and other fancy flowers, but I love the smaller ones. I always gravitate toward small flowers, orchids is a good example. The smaller the better for me. The lilies....as I showed my Blackberry Lily just a couple of days ago...my favorite lily. A single buttercup...not the double blossomed one. The flower that is my favorite fits the bill. I have them in shades of pink and white. The first couple of years, I didn't think that they would survive. This year, all of a sudden....there they are front and center. They are starting to spread. They love the shady herb garden. Their leaves are pretty big this year. I can't wait for them to pop open. 
What is my favorite flower?
Balisha

7 comments:

  1. My goodness. Can't wait to see the blooms too. Lona's blog is so pretty. A lot of inspiration there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Balisha,
    I love single petal flowers, too and cannot wait to see these open. Cosmos are another favorite. I really enjoy the variety in your gardens. Thank you so much for sharing the beauty with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know! :) I thought of you this morning...found another poet at a link party for birds, critters etc. Thought you'd enjoy her post and poetry! :) http://ozarkgrace.blogspot.com/2014/07/missed-morning.html

    I'll go visit that lady's garden blog now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty. HOpe you have a nice Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see your Anemones are doing so well. Mine are in bud now also and they should start opening anytime now. I love them for a later bloom in the garden. Mine are spreading each year now from their runners. This is no problem because I just move them into the woodland bed where I hope they can just run all over it. LOL! The white blooming ones are my favorite now because they light up the part shady beds. Glad to hear that you enjoy yours. :)

    ReplyDelete