Simply Balisha

Simply Balisha

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Margie's Chocolate Nut Clusters

These are crockpot candies. I got the recipe from Margie (click on Margie's Musings on my sidebar)...a dear blogger friend of mine. She mentioned these a couple of years ago saying that they were so easy to make. Since peanut clusters are a favorite of Joe's, I decided to try them. He said that they are better than the ones you buy. They are so simple to make...here's how I did it:
Melt 2 lbs. almond bark in slow cooker on low.
When melted add 12. oz. pkg of semi sweet chocolate chips
1 bar of baker's semi sweet chocolate
Add 1 jar of dry roasted peanuts
Let melt and blend the mixture well. 
I let this stay in the crockpot for a couple of hours and it was fine.
I let it cool a bit and then dropped the mixture on waxed paper using a teaspoon. I don't know why....but I had some chocolate with few nuts left over. I took some chopped walnuts and added them to the chocolate. These candies were just as good.

As you can see this recipe makes a lot. Both containers were filled to the top. They can be kept in the fridge if needed. I plan on using some of these for gifts this Christmas and someone who has a birthday in Nov. will get some as well. I like to put them in cellophane bags with a ribbon.

We were to have some icy roads this morning, but now the ice has melted and we just have wet streets. Poor Buffalo, NY. I can't imagine that much snow. I look at the pictures on the news and wonder how we would cope with something like that. I hope to never find out.

Well, this is it...the last weekend before Thanksgiving. Even though I don't have to prepare the bird...I still have a lot to do. 

Have a nice weekend everyone...Balisha

2 comments:

  1. oh my
    look so good and simple
    but do not need that many near me :)
    sent recipe to two of my daughter's.
    They would be good for teacher's gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my all time favorite candy. This sounds easy and yours look so delicious. Glad your ice melted. God bless your evening and have a good Sunday.

    ReplyDelete