Simply Balisha

Simply Balisha

Sunday, November 30, 2014

A Poem for Winter...


Winter Garden by Cynthia Adams

"In winter's cold and sparkling snow,
The garden in my mind does grow.
I look outside to blinding white,
And see my tulips blooming bright.
And over there a sweet carnation,
Softly scents my imagination.

On this cold and freezing day,
The Russian sage does gently sway,
And miniature roses perfume the air,
I can see them blooming there.
Though days are short, my vision's clear.
And through the snow, the buds appear.

In my mind, clematis climbs,
And morning glories do entwine.
Woodland phlox and scarlet pinks,
Replace the frost, if I just blink.
My inner eye sees past the snow.
And in my mind, my garden grows."

- Cynthia Adams, Winter Garden.First published in Birds and Blooms magazine, Dec/Jan 2003

Have a nice day today.
Balisha

2 comments:

  1. A lovely poem and illustration! Wishes for a happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice winter and holiday photos, Balisha. Nice poem too!

    ReplyDelete