A friend once gave me some little wooden nesting boxes that she found at Michael's... I wondered what I would do with them. I thought of painting scenes on each of them, but changed my mind after visiting a gift shop. There I saw a very pretty thing...The box wasn't the same as mine, but close.It was made out of balsa wood. I had to have it. Once in a while, as I was crafting...I would copy. I never copied a hand crafted thing, but something that was manufactured...I would buy it and then copy it...changing it a little to make it mine.I used to see crafters at a show... snapping pictures or writing on a tablet. I was a crafter and didn't appreciate this. I could tell that this was manufactured...it said Made in China on the bottom. I set to work covering my little boxes with birch bark and some other natural barky kind of paper. I filled the box with dry floral foam and then set to work sorting my dried and silk flowers. I thought that this project would let me use up some flowers that had short stems. I sectioned off the squares and started filling one section at a time. I used the glue gun to hold them in place. After the flowers were all in sections...I set to work filling in the outer margin with dried greens. I can't tell you how many of these I made...everyone seemed to want them. My little graduated boxes were filled from the first large one down to the tiny last one. The last one was very cute....it could be tucked somewhere on a little shelf. I looked for other things to fill at garage sales. I was lucky to find little boxes of balsa wood, stiff cardboard etc. It didn't matter what the box looked like...I covered it completely. These went out just before Valentine's Day. It was a successful project.
Today is sunny and very cold. Joe is at therapy and I am supposed to be cleaning....I'm playing hooky today...don't tell.