Simply Balisha

Simply Balisha

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Fresh Fruit Salad Recipe

I have a recipe that I'd like to share. Winter is such an ordeal...anything to make it brighter is worth it. I took a picture of some of my fresh fruit and thought of a recipe that I wanted to try. I think that you could add some fresh pineapple, kiwi, and anything else that you have on hand. I'm going to mix the fruit together and keep the yogurt mixture in a bowl to serve along side. I'm thinking maybe a TBS of brown sugar would be good mixed in too. Eating a salad like this, gives you what you need in fruits for the day. A woman of 50+ needs 1 1/2 cups of fruit a day and 2 cups of vegetables.

We've been eating different desserts...not so heavy.... like jello and pudding.  We like a little something sweet at night while we watch TV. This could be our snack for tonight.....while watching the Olympics. Did you watch the opening ceremonies? It seemed to me that it was all about power....I wished that kids had played a bigger part in the ceremony. Kids are the future....why not display their talents?

Gotta go and get started with the household tasks. Have a great day today...and keep it simple.
Balisha

Fresh Fruit Salad....by Ina
Ingredients
2 cups plain yogurt
2 tablespoons good honey
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Seeds scraped from 1/2 vanilla bean, optional
1/2 orange, juiced
1 banana, sliced
1/2 pint fresh blueberries
1/2 pint fresh raspberries
1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and cut in half
1 bunch seedless green grapes, halved

3 comments:

  1. Your fruit is so colorful and tempting! This dressing sounds delicious.
    Thank you for sharing the recipe. Don't work too hard today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Balisha! I read this and thought..what an idiot I am. I seldom eat veggies..and not enough fruit. I know better. I really do..and at my age I can't get by with that much longer. You put me on high alert! Thank you!
    Love.
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only is the photo so beautiful and welcome at this point in winter, but the idea/recipe is luscious. Thank you....I've really been enjoying clementines, too.

    ReplyDelete