Simply Balisha

Simply Balisha

Monday, September 1, 2014

September Morn

September 1st......
We are on baby watch....Grand-daughter Ashley was in the hospital and then sent home. Baby taking her time.

Houseplants all repotted with fresh dirt yesterday....they are tucked inside for the coming cool weather.

Four...yes four felt critters are waiting to be made. That's what happens when you don't keep up with crafting....The felt basket is full. I'll tackle one at a time.

Love the smell of geraniums. My garden window has some geraniums brought in to save until next spring. They are here at my elbow....mmmmm can you imagine how they smell?

Breakfast including raisin English muffins. I really don't like them, but I'll finish the package.

Almost finished with my book "Chasing Francis" Savoring the last few chapters.

Dinner today.....undecided. We'll eat out of the fridge. Maybe just soup and a sandwich.

Noticing bald headed male cardinals at my feeder. They are molting....soon will be bright red for the winter.

Seeing a behavior change in Hummingbirds. More aggressive and territorial. They are getting prepared for their migration next month.

Where are the Wrens?

Just switched the calendar to Sept. Love my calendars this year....hate to see the months fly by and have to turn the page. One of my favorite things is to pick out the calendars next month.

Oh, dear.....the dreaded move is upon me. Moving my clothes that is. Putting away summer and getting out fall and winter. Not quite as bad as it used to be, since I pared down my closet to bare minimum. I got along without so many clothes this summer.....but now I am so tired of them all.....my fall and winter will be a treat to wear. I think that I wore everything in my closet this summer.

Today.....doing some more of the fall switch in the house, working on my felties, reading, watching a movie...oh, by the way....we watched Robin Williams last movie release last night. "The Angriest Man in Brooklyn"A good film that made me a little uneasy knowing what would happen to the real man. It's about a man who learns he has just 92 minutes to  live. It tells how he raced around Brooklyn trying to find his family members to make amends. I loved Robin Williams and feel that he did so much to make the world a better place.

Well, time to close. A quiet day ahead with just a few plans. Hope your Labor day is pleasant and that you have some fun.

Balisha





1 comment:

  1. This sounds like the perfect day, Balisha. It was a "work" day for us - I helped my daughter with what we hope is almost the last of her move, and Ken worked on the deck. We are looking forward to some quieter weekends this fall ~

    ReplyDelete