Simply Balisha

Simply Balisha

Sunday, September 14, 2014

How Did I Know That I Was "Hacked?"

I knew that I was "hacked" when I received a couple of emails from friends wanting confirmation that I had sent a  strange email to them. Then I received a whole list of mail failure notices.......some to people in my address book whom I never email.....and many others that I haven't emailed in a long time. They had all received emails that were either one word or a whole page of words about fonts etc. I then went to my address book and all my addresses were gone. I decided to let it go until morning. 
When I got up in the morning....everything was back to normal and my addresses were back. I then went online and changed all my passwords .....and now it's like nothing happened. 

I had a question about this in my comments....so I decided to explain what happened in a post so all could read it. I don't know a whole lot about this problem, but I do know that it happens frequently. Now, ask me why people do this.....I just don't know. What I do know is that you should change your passwords often....and I haven't been faithful in doing that, but I will now. I was told to be careful what websites I visit. How do you know what is a safe website? Just think of all the places we visit in a day...especially bloggers. 
Balisha

4 comments:

  1. I have a virus/protection program on my computer and if I click on a "bad" website it won't open and I get a message. It is called Bitdefender--runs in the background and I like it better than any other program I had--like Avast, or AVG.
    The first "address" in my e-mail address book is,
    Name: 00000000000000000000 Address 00000000000000000 E-Mail 0000000000000000000000
    You enter it just like it was a new contact.
    That way if anyone hacks your e-mail, they can't send messages to anyone in your address book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy ~ I just tried to do that in my contacts, but it wanted a legitimate email address. (Yahoo.) I do have a couple of programs to take care of creeps, and I do get warnings.

      Delete
  2. We have the same....it's warned me in the past, but not this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get warnings for some blogs, and I just don't know how that can be.

    Have a great week Balisha and I hope those problems are over for you.

    Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete