Simply Balisha

Simply Balisha

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

I Just Can't Wait....Can You?


Winter is over and I see signs of spring everywhere. As I stepped out the door on this windy day....the last of the leaves from last year are drifting down the street. Whoops there goes my perfectly coiffed  hair :) Birds are pecking the ground to find some little things to eat. Male birds are beginning to strut around like peacocks...trying to lure a lady. Yesterday the goose pair (I like to think that this couple is the same one I see each day) were floating down the river against the current. The white caps bouncing around them as they seemingly just float on top of the water. I'm sure that under the water their legs are paddling a mile a minute.

I didn't try to do anything outside...it would have been pointless. Today the wind is a little less, but cold has returned and I have to find things to do inside. I've been researching the Internet to find an idea for something to hang on my porch wall. We have a problem with wreaths. Wreaths just invite birds to make their nests there. I like to sit on the porch and really don't want to co-exist with birds.

I have a couple of old windows downstairs. I've painted a couple of them, but I wanted to do something different. Our front door is barn red and I have a tall stool that I'm going to paint the same color...it holds my bigger aloe plant for the summer months. I'm thinking that I will paint the window frame that barn red. I have an old quilt that is falling apart. It has faded colors of red white and blues. I think that I will cut the quilt (I'll wait here while you gasp) Parts of this little quilt simply shred with each of my touches. It's been outside on the porch for years...so I feel comfortable cutting it up and using it for several projects. I want to put part of this quilt on the back of the window frame. I can nail it in several places. Then I'm planning on decorating the frame with some dried materials ....or birds made of felt. This is just formulating in my mind as I write this.

We have blue cushions on the white chairs and a barn red bench with a blue cushion there already. A couple of small glass tables and of course some green plants...maybe some scented geraniums.I'm anxious to start this project.

In the meantime, I'll  continue watching for spring like things going on. I simply love this time of renewal. It is so welcome this year....what a long, difficult winter we just experienced. Just thought of something....I will be bringing my bird bath and the terra cotta pots and strawberry jar soon. Oh, I just can't wait...can you?
Balisha    

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe that you are missing winter!! ??

    Ha ha ha April Fools :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't play any April Fool's tricks this year. Unusual for me...

      Delete
  2. I am so excited that it is April. Spring is here - hopefully the weather knows this. I was at Home Depot garden center yesterday. It was so windy, that with my hair blowing, my eyes watering and my nose running, I had to cut my shopping short. Managed to get potting soil, a beautiful lemon thyme plant, and some very healthy looking mint. Am wanting to plant some herbs this year. Last week I planted some potatoes that had grown big healthy sprouts before I could cook them. Thought it would be fun to see if they would grow more potatoes. The next morning half of the potting soil and all three potatoes were on the ground next to the planter I had planted them in. Nosy squirrels thought there was something buried in that container for them. I replanted my potatoes and covered the container with chicken wire. It could have been worse if my neighbor kitties had thought it was a litter box. I'm glad it was just those nutty squirrels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have those same pesky squirrels here. As soon as I plant something they come around and push their little noses in the soil and up end everything.
      I haven't bought anything yet.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete